Skip to main content

Help help help cisco routing

More
16 years 11 months ago #23558 by skepticals
Did you start from a fresh config? I see a great deal of 'no' commands. Do you know what all these do (I don't). I'm not sure if something is turned off.

What model router is this? Which version of the IOS are you running?
More
16 years 11 months ago #23561 by vitamin
its a 2611

i have been advised on that config from the guy I bought it from.

Do you have any suggestions?
More
16 years 11 months ago #23562 by skepticals
Well, I'm not expert...hardly a novice, but I would save the config you have now to your computer and do a 'write erase', reload the router and start fresh.

I'm not sure what all the commands do. If you started from scratch and it works, we will know that it is the config. You can always add the commands later.

Or, wait for someone smart to get on the forum :D
More
16 years 11 months ago #23563 by vitamin
hrmmm will it restore the software from the router its self or do I need to have the software and upload via tftp or something similar?
More
16 years 11 months ago #23564 by skepticals
No, it will only erase the configuration file. The actual IOS will stay put.

If you don't believe me you could manually take off the configuration by putting 'no' in front of all your commands, but that may take awhile.

If you do erase the config and reload, the router will ask you to go into a Setup Configuration mode. Say no to this. You want to enter the commands in manually.
More
16 years 11 months ago #23565 by vitamin
Nope thats fine I dont mind erasing it. So what command will i use to erase the config I have done this once before I thnk.
Time to create page: 0.144 seconds