Skip to main content

ipcop web proxy setup

More
18 years 6 months ago #13559 by ninug66
Replied by ninug66 on topic Re: ipcop web proxy setup
DaLight,
you're my hero ...not sure from where I got that IP in the DNS settings of IPCOP ...probably I was having a couple of drinks!!

thanks very much that solved my problem and now I'm working through the proxy and I can also have a look at the logs.

cheers
ninug66
More
18 years 6 months ago #13568 by DaLight
Replied by DaLight on topic Re: ipcop web proxy setup
Glad to hear it's working OK, ninug66. I share your concern about keeping tabs on what your kids are using the internet for. It's a tremendous resource, but it has it does have its downsides.
More
17 years 11 months ago #17574 by sunshineknox
I get the same message here and there. Sometimes I can go week withouth error and then all of a sudden boom, everyone starts getting the error. I have a back door that is using the same dns servers, and I'm able to browse via the different firewall. Has anyone ever ran into this, I cleard my cache hoping that will fix the problem. Any advice would be appreciated.

thanks,
sunshine
More
17 years 11 months ago #17577 by DaLight
Can you post a few more details about your setup and the problems you're having?
More
17 years 10 months ago #17793 by DCHSFIREWALL
Replied by DCHSFIREWALL on topic uggg!
I am having similar problems with IPCOP. I am trying to set it up for my school. When I turn on the proxy it will work for a moment or maybe a few minutes but all of a sudden I will lose connection to the internet and if I go to the IPCOP web gui and clear the cache I can browse for a while again until it kills me. If I turn the proxy off I can go all day. Why does it do this. Also sometimes I cannot access the web gui of IPCOP all of a sudden I try to save a setting and it won't come back on. Why does it do this? Any help is appreciated! thanks , Kolby Dukes
More
17 years 10 months ago #17795 by DaLight
Welcome to firewall.cx, DCHSFIREWALL. A few questions.
    What version of IPCOP are you using?
    Is your proxy working in "TRANSPARENT" mode?
    Have you set your proxy details in your web browser?
    Have you made any changes to your squid.conf, rc.local, or rc.firewall.local files?
    What addons (if any) do you have installed?
Time to create page: 0.132 seconds