Skip to main content

ipcop web proxy setup

More
17 years 10 months ago #17808 by DCHSFIREWALL
Replied by DCHSFIREWALL on topic here is the info
What version of IPCOP are you using?
Is your proxy working in "TRANSPARENT" mode?
yes - but it fails after a short time
Have you set your proxy details in your web browser?
yes
Have you made any changes to your squid.conf, rc.local, or rc.firewall.local files?
none
What addons (if any) do you have installed?
none
More
17 years 10 months ago #17821 by DaLight
Replied by DaLight on topic Re: ipcop web proxy setup
Looks like a possible hardware problem or corruption of your IPCOP installation. I would first of all look at the network cards. Also try reinstalling IPCOP.
More
17 years 10 months ago #17824 by DCHSFIREWALL
Thanks for your advice. We have had smoothwall running and filtering on this box. It worked fine, but we did not want to pay the steep price. We are looking for a free solution. I will go through again and try to reinstall. Thanks so much.
More
17 years 10 months ago #17840 by DaLight
IPCOP will definitely be able to do what you want without any problems. Let us know how you get on.
More
17 years 10 months ago #17890 by DCHSFIREWALL
alright I am still having problems. I can use this thing all day long without the proxy enabled, but when I turnt he proxy on it might work for a second, but then it all goes down. I tried different network cards and no gain. What is my problem? Thanks
More
17 years 10 months ago #17893 by DaLight
As it seems to occur only when the proxy is enabled, it could be due to faulty RAM. Dodgy hard disk sectors are also a possibility. You could try swapping the RAM or check that it's properly seated. If that still doesn't work, I would try reformatting the hard disk and reinstalling IPCOP.
Time to create page: 0.135 seconds