Skip to main content

Windows XP keeps restarting!!!

More
16 years 1 month ago #27033 by ZiPPy
I think this could be an issue relating to heat. I currently get restarts every once in-while on my new system, as well as BSODs. I found the cause to be my video cards overheating. I pumped up the fan speed through the nvidia control panel and this resolved the problem.

You said the temps are in the low 30's???

Cheers,

ZiPPy

ZiPPy
More
16 years 1 month ago #27039 by S0lo

Yes i have reformated, then installed XP pro. I have not loaded any software. I have uninstalled msm. I have checked the RAM etc is seated correctly. Still at a loss

Does it do a full restart (like when you do a manual restart from windows) or does it just reboots suddenly? If latter is true, This probably clears out software problems, and since you ruled out overheating. check the following:

1. Make sure your power cables are firmly connected. give it a good push inside.

2. If you use any external USB devices (or a USB hub), try disconnecting all. Some USB ports can't supply enough power for some external media.

3. Check this post: www.firewall.cx/ftopic-5265-0-days0-orderasc-usb.html

4. As far as I know, driver problems, rarely cause a restart, instead they cause hangs. but if your fed up of every thing, try updating the display driver to the newest.

Studying CCNP...

Ammar Muqaddas
Forum Moderator
www.firewall.cx
More
16 years 1 month ago #27088 by silentko
Also if your not using a legal XP copy maybe that disk or the image has some problems . try installing windows with another cd or image. hope this helps.
Time to create page: 0.152 seconds