Skip to main content

Problem: Messenger Service Pop - Up

More
17 years 11 months ago #17147 by DaLight
btllvr, if you mean "disabling the Messenger service", you don't need to edit the registry.

1. Click on Start/Run
2. Type in "services.msc"
3. Look for the "Messenger" service in the Services console that appears and right-click, then select Properties, and change the "Startup type" to Disabled.
More
17 years 11 months ago #17153 by btllvr
Okay, I did that and the messages seemed to have stopped. But how do I get it out of the computer completely, or is that impossible? Thanks so much.
More
17 years 11 months ago #17258 by DaLight
The Messenger service is a legitimate component of windows. Your problem stems from the fact that you do not have a firewall protecting the relevant port.
More
17 years 10 months ago #17942 by wannafly172
i think i have a way

"Buddha says, "Know your forms of linux: Mandrake, SUSE, Linspire, Xandros, Lycoris, MEPIS, Fedora Core, and Ubuntu""

It is my job to corrupt young people with the contageous, infectious idea of individual freedom
More
17 years 10 months ago #17947 by wannafly172
One thing i have found to work is to use the "cocktail" this is a mixture scan of norton plus spybot and AVG and the zone alarm as a FW. This is the only method to beating this that i have found... just using one thing it tends to miss the actual spyware that is causing this.

"Buddha says, "Know your forms of linux: Mandrake, SUSE, Linspire, Xandros, Lycoris, MEPIS, Fedora Core, and Ubuntu""

It is my job to corrupt young people with the contageous, infectious idea of individual freedom
Time to create page: 0.141 seconds