Skip to main content

system slow

More
18 years 3 months ago #14891 by Rockape
Replied by Rockape on topic Re: system slow
You could always look at your virtual memory settings, and of course there is always good old Defrag. I saw an article recently that suggested you should defrag your PC once a week. It caused a great deal of discussion here. The result being some do, and some don't.
More
18 years 3 months ago #14909 by monsky
Replied by monsky on topic Re: system slow
same with 3wsparky

is the HDD light almost always on ? do you ever get a system scan at bootup saying that the file system needs to be scanned ?

the problem might be physical with the harddisk, one way to check is defrag the HD. or with processing aspect run msconfig, there might be some strange programs being loaded everytime the pc starts up, use hijackthis also to view if there are spywares infection. in summary: 1) check the physical, the harddisk 2) lastly the programs utilization of the resources. :)
More
18 years 3 months ago #14991 by Alans
Replied by Alans on topic Re: system slow
hi...
inside all possible reasons that remebered above, also there's apossibility of hardware problems like fan status, temp of all the PC, age of your PC, location of your PC...also try use another CD for OS installation...

always Face your Fears...
More
18 years 3 months ago #14999 by jwj
Replied by jwj on topic Re: system slow
Yeah, it's probably hardware related, you might want to swap out parts with known good ones until you find the bad component. I've even seen the thermal paste on CPUs not properly applied, causing all sorts of crazy system problems! Something to think about looking at.

-Jeremy-
More
18 years 2 months ago #15527 by CliveSRT
Replied by CliveSRT on topic Re: system slow
How much RAM have you got?
More
18 years 3 weeks ago #16422 by talk2sp
hey whats up,

try this it worked for me - uninstall mcafe anti virus and install AVG 7.1.4 free edition. which can be gotten from www.filehippo.com .

After installing AVG free edition and u have updated it via the web. Now go to C: (my computer then C:) right click and then properties then disk clean up which is almost @ the bottom right then u select some sectors..

and man ur pc will be as fast as nothing u have ever seen......

it needs ur brain...

BORN TO BE GREAT

c0de - 3
Take Responsibility! Don't let failures define you
Time to create page: 0.135 seconds