Skip to main content

system slow

More
18 years 5 months ago #14318 by gkg4u
system slow was created by gkg4u
hi,
I am formating my sytem every week due to slow processing
Config- PIII 500,win2000prof,using internet with macafee antivirus.
system is OK for two three days after fresh installation. after one week it is going to be slow. I had tried to delete tmp files,history contents, still it is going to be slow. Anybody can help with good solution.
thanks
gkg4u
More
18 years 5 months ago #14319 by Arani
Replied by Arani on topic slow system
hi there,
you have not told us some crucial info, what are the softwares installed on your system apart from the typical ones?
does the system randomly starts slowing down after the first couple of days or does it slow down after a particular installation of a certain software?
what are the indications upon which you are saying that the system is slow? is the loading of the OS slow, or general functions, or softwares running slow, gaming slow etc etc?
let us know some of these details

Picking pebbles on the shore of the networking ocean
More
18 years 4 months ago #14352 by Arani
Replied by Arani on topic registry checkup
and there's one more thing, your registry...
try getting some sort of registry cleaner and run it and check for any signs of improvement. same for spywares and adwares, get some get cleaners for them as well, and do a full scan

Picking pebbles on the shore of the networking ocean
More
18 years 4 months ago #14356 by FallenZer0
Replied by FallenZer0 on topic Re: system slow
www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/Wi...t/part6/proch27.mspx

See if the above link will help guide you in providing an insight into the Performance issues.

-There Is A Foolish Corner In The Brain Of The Wisest Man- Aristotle
More
18 years 4 months ago #14656 by Supreme7
Replied by Supreme7 on topic Re: system slow
Have you tried to use the msconfig utility to see what programs are running from start.

Many programs are going to load from startup and cause your system to run slow. These programs will use up all your virtual memory.

I hope I don't get shocked !!!!
More
18 years 3 months ago #14874 by 3wsparky
Replied by 3wsparky on topic Re: system slow
whats you drive access like ?
is the HDD light almost always on ? do you ever get a system scan at bootup saying that the file system needs to be scanned ?

if the above is yes it might be your hdd on its way out.
you could reinstall your os one last time then download a demo app called deepfreeze , install it and when running it will prevent any changes being made to the drive partition you locked this is great for so many reasons i se it for trials and demo software :)
anyway the point is that if after 3 days of the machine being locked you get the same fault its unlightly to be an application.

would indicate a heat related problem or hdd
Time to create page: 0.138 seconds