Skip to main content

Ipcop and winscp3

More
18 years 4 months ago #14408 by DaLight
Replied by DaLight on topic Re: Ipcop and winscp3
As long as you are on the GREEN network, you are OK using your IPCOP's GREEN IP for WinSCP or PuTTy.

Couple more things to try:
1. Boot up the client PC in Knoppix (on your IPCOP's GREEN network) and run ssh from the command-line like so:
[code:1]ssh -p 222 root@192.168.1.1[/code:1] just to rule out problems with your Windows setup. Even better if you could try it with a different machine.
2. Another thing you could try (to bypass the switch) is to hook up your PC to the IPCOP GREEN NIC using a cross-over cable.

If none of above work, you may have to look at reinstalling IPCOP.
More
18 years 4 months ago #14412 by ceasario
Replied by ceasario on topic Re: Ipcop and winscp3
No Joy. I have knoppix running on another machine on green. It cnnects to ipcop from green 192.168.1.1 and retrieves the correct Rsa key. When i enter the root password on prompt, I get the error message connection closed by 192.168.1.1

When i try and log into the ipcop console, it always gives the error message login incorrect when the propmt says 'ipcop' but not on the next line when the prompt changes to 'ipcop.localdomain' yet it is exactly the same root/password that i enter.

Could there have been an error on installation. The md5 on the file tallied. Reading through, installation seems quite simple so its prbably some small thing somewhere but I'll soon be bald pulling my hair out!
More
18 years 4 months ago #14413 by ceasario
Replied by ceasario on topic Re: Ipcop and winscp3
oops
More
18 years 4 months ago #14418 by DaLight
Replied by DaLight on topic Re: Ipcop and winscp3
I think you'd be best doing a reinstall.
Time to create page: 0.127 seconds