Skip to main content

VOIP

More
19 years 10 months ago #5856 by jhun
Replied by jhun on topic Re: VOIP
Hi again,

just to update you with my problem, i already checked everything on its configuration and found no trace of disfunctionality, still, it was not giving out dial tones. anyway, i already made a backup voip box and is now up and running, so just for the fun of it :lol: i configured the defective voip box from scratch, meaning i set it up to its factory defaults :shock: ...hehehe. so there it was a fresh configuration. but to my dismay, it was still not giving out dial tones :x ..this puzzles me alot...now i'm thinking that it is more of a hardware error rather than a software misconfiguration. if anyone has encountered this problem and was able to provide a solution please kindly reply to this post. thank you very much. :D
More
19 years 9 months ago #6139 by guerilla7
Replied by guerilla7 on topic Re: VOIP
Hi Jhun!

Im also using VOIP here in our Call Center, we only have 10 seats as of the moment, but we are definitely expanding. We are using the Five9 System, ( www.five9.com ).

Basically what I did after reading a few intro docs regarding VOIP and Cisco Technology are the ff steps:

1. We have 4 Internet Connection, 1 Fractional T1, 3 DSL, from 2 separate ISP. The Fractional T1 is dedicated to the IP phones, the 2 DSL for data, and the remaining DSL as back-up for emergency.

2. Currently we only have 1 Cisco 1721 router attached to the T1 line, and 3 linksys routers for the DSL lines, and one 3Com 24 port switch.

3. Since I am only a newbie, studying CCNA, i ill try to study more on VLAN in this site so that I can configure, design and implement a much more robust network topology for our center.

Regards.
Ron F. del Rosario
Tier 2 Tech Support

"I see dead packets"
More
19 years 9 months ago #6140 by jhun
hi guerilla,

nice to have you on board the firewall.cx! :lol:

well that's nice to hear from you and that you have configured your network pretty well. i have also managed to configure our company's voip system though still in its development stage. i'm still planning on implementing other stuff with it a i i would like to maximize the potential of our voip box which involves alot of research and trial and error for me to fully realize this.,

by the way, i see that your from the philippines. where exactly are you from if you don't mind and what company are you in?...nice to have someone from the same island here. :D
More
19 years 9 months ago #6164 by guerilla7
Jhun,

Our center is also at a developing stage, the VoIP is working pretty much well this month, no packet drops and everything. Now my boss who just got back from the US just gave me a new set of headaches: He has a Linksys Wireless DSL Router, as a present to me, LOL, and he wants me to implement it to our center, exclusive use for them executives always on mobile, jeez,

Now I need a Wireless DSL Implementation Guide, is there one here at this great site?

I have a LinkSys 2.4ghz, 802.11b, 11Mbps, Access Point. He basically wants a wireless connection for internet access because they hate wires and love their laptops too much. This will be my first time in implementing wireless dsl connection.

"I see dead packets"
More
19 years 9 months ago #6167 by jhun
hi,

hhmmm...i think this should be posted on another thread as it has gone out of topic :lol: either way i would still would like to respond.

well to tell you exactly, i have implemented a simple wireless network using the same products as you have. linksys products arent't that much hard to implement. just read and understand the manuals. although one thing that you should bear in mind is security. remember that when making a wireless network with access especially to the internet is like having your whole network exposed to the public.

you could implement it by making the wireless not part of your corporate network and it would only be exclusive for those intended for its usage. also, try to make secuiryt measures on your wireless network like authentication and the like so that you will not have any one lurking around finding out that he could have a free internet connection, worst part is he might compromise your network :shock:

so my suggestions is when implementing a wireless netowrk always bear in mind the security issues involve.

and yes, you will find many resources in this site regarding your query. look at others thread and you'll discover a goldmine :D
More
19 years 9 months ago #6168 by guerilla7
@ jhun

ok, salamat tol!

That's the first thing in my mind actually, network security.

Regards.

"I see dead packets"
Time to create page: 0.138 seconds