Skip to main content

belkin again

More
16 years 2 months ago #26886 by dougal
belkin again was created by dougal
hi all

having had problems setting up a belkin wireless modem on my neighbours computer i thought id try setting it up on mine
well i had a week to spare.....
plugged it in to the ethernet port on my computer,plugged in the phone line.
powered it up ,did a factory reset, typed in the ip address ..surprise surprise, nothing...just this page cannot..

any help much appreciated

dougal
my existing modem using usb is fine
More
16 years 2 months ago #26887 by dougal
Replied by dougal on topic Re: belkin again
ps
i have disabled windows and avg firewalls
More
16 years 2 months ago #26891 by Chojin
Replied by Chojin on topic Re: belkin again
Already tried to read the manual?! :)

CCNA / CCNP / CCNA - Security / CCIP / Prince2 / Checkpoint CCSA
More
16 years 2 months ago #26892 by dougal
yes all ninety pages of it,
trouble is there is nothing to set up. the router does not show in any of the modem /internet options on my computer or device manager- xp service pack 2
regards dougal
More
16 years 2 months ago #26894 by S0lo
Replied by S0lo on topic Re: belkin again
I haven't read your previous post completely. So I'd start with asking: Do you have the drivers CD for the router? What happened when you install it?

When you connected your router to your PC's ethernet port, does the LEDs come up, do you see it blinking?. If NOT, you probably need a crossover cable.

Second, If you could NOT get the driver, usually those routers have a web interface were you can configure it from. And some times there is a default IP/Mask already setup on your belkin. Seek the manual to get the IP/Mask. Then set your PCs Ethernet interface (Local Area Connection) IP to a different IP on the same subnet. For example:

Say the belkin's IP/mask was 192.168.1.1 / 255.255.255.0

Configure your (Local Area Connection) to: 192.168.1.2 / 255.255.255.0

Now go to your web browser and type the IP of the belkin (192.168.1.1) in the address bar. If all is well you should see the web interface of the belkin showing up to you.

Hope some thing here helps

Studying CCNP...

Ammar Muqaddas
Forum Moderator
www.firewall.cx
More
16 years 2 months ago #26897 by dougal
thanks solo
there is no installation disc available for this router, evrything is done through the ip address so basically if that dosent connect the whole thing meets a brick wall .
will try your suggestions and get back.
regards
dougal
Time to create page: 0.131 seconds