Skip to main content

506e Allow telnet into PIX from outside/internet

More
18 years 10 months ago #11056 by DaLight
The username should be "pix". The password should be your telnet password, created using the "passwd xxxxxx" command, where xxxxxx is your telnet password, and not the the "enable password" for your PIX which you should have set using "enable password yyyyy", where yyyyy is your enable password.
More
18 years 10 months ago #11064 by Bublitz
This pix wasn't setup by me originally and the passwords are encrypted. Is it ok for the enable password and telnet password to be the same that may be the case

The Bublitz
Systems Admin
Hospice of the Red River Valley
More
18 years 10 months ago #11072 by DaLight
It's probably not a good idea to make both passwords identical. If you know the enable password, you can change the telnet password, but if you don't you will need to perform password recovery. Detailed instructions can be found here .
More
18 years 10 months ago #11073 by Bublitz
So is the enable password used when a person consoles into the device? Ive always got access by using telnet.

The Bublitz
Systems Admin
More
18 years 10 months ago #11074 by Bublitz
Got IT!

GOSS(config)# aaa-server LOCAL protocol local
GOSS(config)# aaa authentication ssh console LOCAL

I had to enter these before it would work. FINALLY its weird tho alot of the help online that I was using DIDN'T mention that this was needed.

The Bublitz
Systems Admin
More
18 years 10 months ago #11075 by DaLight
Great work Bublitz. Did it work with the same user/password combination or did you have to reset the password for the "pix" username? Also do you know why the above commands are needed?
Time to create page: 0.133 seconds