Skip to main content

cisco 2600 on cable modem 4mbps!..

More
15 years 3 months ago #30717 by redst
Hi everyone,we are planning to setup an internet connection with 4mbps using cable modem on a cisco 2600 router,is it more reliable to set it up using dhcp routing or make it static,and also where can i find a documents about commands for different versions of ios?..because so far we have (2) 2600 cisco routers w/ different ios,implanning to update them to the newest one..
Thank you in advance for any help...
More
15 years 3 months ago #30720 by ZiPPy
Here is an excellent 4 part series tutorial on how to configure a Cisco 2611 router to work with Cable modem. The tutorial gets into some good detail with topology schematics and IOS commands.

Source: networking-newbie.blogspot.com/2008/10/c...er-to-work-with.html

Cheers,

ZiPPy

ZiPPy
More
15 years 3 months ago #30721 by redst
thanks alot fo that one,ill sure do take time to read it.. :D
More
15 years 3 months ago #30722 by ZiPPy
Heya redst,

You got me thinking, the setup in the tutorial is really good but we need to take it to the next level, mainly being security and a business infrastructure.

Check out my design. I have added a firewall and appropriate addressing.

File Attachment:

The only thing you have to be aware of is the type of 2600 you have. For example, a stand alone 2610 or 2620 will not work, for it only has 1 ethernet interface. So you will need to add a WIC-1ENET card or you can purchase a 2611 series which is used in the tutorial.

Cheers,

ZiPPy

ZiPPy
More
15 years 3 months ago #30723 by redst
Thanks Zippy,honetsly i'm also planning to add that scheme,
well our company is on online tutorial so basically we used bandwith than normal,we our on video conferencing more than 8 hrs a day.
currently we have 2 dsl connection w/ 2mbps per line,connected to 2 cisco routers,the reason is that load balancing didnt work quite well with the 2 dsl lines connected on one router before so we decided to separate the lines,.i know it's a bit expensive to do such thing so im on the way of planning to change things a bit. and also we often get disconnection and poor quality,i just dont now if it b'coz of the way things are setup or its bcoz wer using dsl only..what do you think man?.i really need some expert advise here since i'm running out time ,and another thing we added a 4mb cable line tha'ts because of the poor quality!..so im still thinking what will be the best way to improve our setup or just add that new line..
More
15 years 3 months ago #30728 by talk2sp
Replied by talk2sp on topic nice post zippy....
Nice illustration there zippy. well he got me thinking too. nice one u came up with. comes in handy for me also..

BORN TO BE GREAT

c0de - 3
Take Responsibility! Don't let failures define you
Time to create page: 0.138 seconds