Skip to main content

My Cisco Lab Woes

More
17 years 7 months ago #19842 by surfer
Replied by surfer on topic Re: My Cisco Lab Woes
Well i tested all of the cables in one of the links that worked and all worked fine.

I'll maybe do a bit more testing on them but the fact that they've all worked in the same link suggests that it's something else.
More
17 years 7 months ago #19843 by S0lo
Replied by S0lo on topic Re: My Cisco Lab Woes

The link between Matt and James works if Matt is providing the clocking (and if i swap the cable ends around obviously).

Similarly the link between Matt and Charlie will stop working if charlie is configured to provide the clocking and the DCE / DTE ends swapped around.

It sounds like matt does not allow any one to do clocking but him. From Yes/No table you gave, The working cases only have Matt in the clocking side. :?

Tell ya what. Let's see if the problem is really on the serial interfaces or if they are related to the whole router. Did you try connecting the ethernet interfaces together. If those also have problems, then there is some thing with the routers hardware I guess.

Studying CCNP...

Ammar Muqaddas
Forum Moderator
www.firewall.cx
More
17 years 7 months ago #19845 by Dove
Replied by Dove on topic Re: My Cisco Lab Woes
www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/cisintwk/itg_v1/tr1915.htm

As per cisco documents now it seems the hardware (Charlie router) failure. If you are sure that all the 3 cables are good then the problem is with router and its ports

Dove
Time to create page: 0.121 seconds