Skip to main content

IPcop and internal FTP server

More
17 years 9 months ago #18643 by Papcina
ye, same problem... Itried to get form other machines on green but it wont work...
here is the pic from teh web server menu from the options..
file server is on, print server is off (from that same tab)
img56.imageshack.us/img56/6199/firewallcxby1.jpg
anyway it says there which ports it will use... i forward the same ports to the same ip of the se555 but it wont work... when I go to domain.dyndns.org I get the login screen from the modem... wtf??? I though this should be a piece of cake...

anyone help me plz
More
17 years 9 months ago #18671 by DaLight
I've taken a closer look at the documentation and figured out that the web server and FTP services are only available to users who come in via the ADSL interface of the SE555 (which you're not using at present). With your current configuration, you will have to use the File Server option which is open to anyone who accesses via the LAN interface.

You will first of all need to test it using one of the machines on GREEN and then report back before going ahead with granting access to internet users.
More
17 years 9 months ago #18674 by Papcina
aww crap that

I thought that might be the problem it doesnt work, and now when u told me it is, Im gonna setup a box from and old 486 or better pc to share sum stuff on web...
I would use se555 as mine primary adsl modem, but its full of bugs, starting from hardware than to firmware...

okay, thanks a lot anyway

bb
More
17 years 9 months ago #18676 by DaLight

Im gonna setup a box from and old 486 or better pc to share sum stuff on web...

Sounds like a good idea. You could put it in your DMZ as well.
More
17 years 9 months ago #18833 by Papcina
id like to ask u...
Im gonna setup a web server using Damn Small Linux... I will try to install it on a 256mb CF card and add an external USB 2gb stick for space... so wanna know, will it be okay or maybe DSL is not apropriate for this kind of usage? why i decided for this? cos 2 Caviars I had got dead from bad sectors and now I have only CF card... btw, i tried to install ubuntu but it didnt worked...
anyway, what security settings you would suggest me? put it in IPcop dhcp range, remove from other pc's subnet... any suggestion is appreciable

thanks a lot

bb

btw rest of pc is celly 433MHz on a matx mbo with vga and 256MB of ram...
More
17 years 9 months ago #18835 by DaLight
Flash memory is not really suited to applications which involve frequent writing to storage. I assume log files and such like will be written frequently to storage, so you will be better off using a hard disk if you have one.

Re: Security, stick it in your IPCOP's DMZ.
Time to create page: 0.133 seconds