Skip to main content

Please Make Your Contribution on this Matter!!!

More
17 years 10 months ago #17719 by festy
Hello mates, I really need your opinion on this matter.
I have basic networking knowlege, I mean I work as a computer tech in a local cyber cafe and I did the networking myself. Practically that is the level of networking I can achieve for now, but I have been doing some reading on domain networking system and I have basic knowledge about wireless networking and wireless router configuration.
But what I have on ground now, Is a bit beyond basic netoworking and I have thought alot about it. I have done so much search but still not satisfy, becos I don't have a practical experience of it. Now I m ask to network 5 branches of a particular company and each of the branch must have access to the headquaters for file sharing and report submission.

Now i also want to understand the ip address configuration and the network device that will best suite this type of network for higher efficiency productivity at every branch..
Please your contribution for this purpose will be highly appreciated. Please take time time write any purpose network solution for this project. God bless you as you contribute..
More
17 years 10 months ago #17729 by jwj
My first thought is to use a VPN, it's fairly simple to set up, and cheaper than a true dedicated WAN. However, there are many factors to consider like the budget, bandwidth needs, security considerations, and so on. Talking to your service provider will get you specific details to further narrow down your choices.

-Jeremy-
More
17 years 10 months ago #17732 by TheBishop
Agree with jwj; talk to your local Telco or service provider. They will be able to offer you various levels of solution and may be able to provide everything you need in one package. Alternatively, if you feel you understand what they are proposing in enough detail, you could then tackle the project yourself
More
17 years 10 months ago #17746 by talk2sp
Replied by talk2sp on topic what he needs.......
jwj and the bishop i think what festy needs is ideas on how to carry out the practical work.... he is not concerned about the buying or what ever....... so......get him right and lets solve his problem..... read his first paragraph well...

Hello mates, I really need your opinion on this matter.
I have basic networking knowlege, I mean I work as a computer tech in a local cyber cafe and I did the networking myself. Practically that is the level of networking I can achieve for now, but I have been doing some reading on domain networking system and I have basic knowledge about wireless networking and wireless router configuration.
But what I have on ground now, Is a bit beyond basic netoworking and I have thought alot about it. I have done so much search but still not satisfy, becos I don't have a practical experience of it. Now I m ask to network 5 branches of a particular company and each of the branch must have access to the headquaters for file sharing and report submission.

then the second....

Now i also want to understand the ip address configuration and the network device that will best suite this type of network for higher efficiency productivity at every branch..
Please your contribution for this purpose will be highly appreciated. Please take time time write any purpose network solution for this project. God bless you as you contribute..

BORN TO BE GREAT

c0de - 3
Take Responsibility! Don't let failures define you
More
17 years 10 months ago #17748 by jwj
So where's your ideas, then...? I mentioned advantages and disadvantages to using a WAN or VPN solution, problem is, there's too many different solutions to discuss them all in detail when the question is so broad. He'd be better off getting a short list of viable solutions from his telco, then getting more specific advice from us. How he addresses his network or what devices to use will vary greatly depending on this.

-Jeremy-
More
17 years 10 months ago #17790 by sose
Actually, a simple star design will do, where all the 5 branches on different subnets will communicate to head quarters.Also, we dont know how many users or terminals will be on each branch this will make it difficult for us to suggest an appropraite ip address to cater for the different subnet as well as the number of host per branch/subnet

Anyway, jeremy has said it all, just give a call to a local carrier and they will provide you with quite a number of options to meet your demand

To jwj: We honour and respect your intense skills, speed and experience in networking.
Time to create page: 0.133 seconds