Skip to main content

haaalp! im late with my assignment

More
18 years 7 months ago #12901 by tri3axe
Im trying to learn subnetting from the tutorial on this site but im late with my school assignment, and i still havent figured out how it all works.

The Case:

File Attachment:

This network belongs to a company that has expanded, and sits on 3 locations.

The company is connected to the ISP in “Tønsberg”.
The Router in “Tønsberg” is connected to a Ethernet with 100 hosts.
This router also routes to and from “Bergen” wich also is connected to 100 hosts.
The “Bergen” network has 2 Routers. 1 of those routes to “Tronheim” wich also has 100 hosts

Your job is to plan IP-adresses with the origin of 172.16.0.0/16
This plan needs to contain valid series of IP-adresses for all networkcards,
Subnetmasks and default gateways
More
18 years 7 months ago #12902 by tri3axe
File Attachment:

i dont know if this looks right, anyways i have no idea what to put between the routers
More
18 years 7 months ago #13198 by d_jabsd
Since your assignment is probably already turned in, or so late you can't get credit for it anyway, and for the benefit of other browsing the forum, you could use a /29, /30, or even a /31 for the links between the routers.
More
18 years 7 months ago #13201 by Jack
I have a problem with the last sentence:

“Your job is to plan IP-adresses with the origin of 172.16.0.0/16
This plan needs to contain valid series of IP-adresses for all networkcards,
Subnetmasks and default gateways “

Shouldn’t it read something like?

“I need aid in configuring my test network. I need assistance in setting up the entire network, which includes IP schema, NIC’s. Subnet masks and default gateways.

Any assistance that can help me further my knowledge so “I” can properly pass my tests and to fully understand what I’m doing would greatly be appreciated.

Thank You,

Tri3Axe “

There’s a Chinese proverb that’s reads:

“Catch a fish for a man and he is fed for a day. Teach a man to fish and he is fed for life.”

Best Regards,

Jack Burgess,
Firewall.cx Staff
News Editor / Forum Moderator
www.jacksjunk.com
More
18 years 7 months ago #13204 by Dan01
Here's a link to the simplest way I found to get a grip on subnetting.

www.wildpackets.com/products/free_utilit...psubnetcalc/overview

Like Jack said, this ought to get you through your assingment, just poke around with it and at least you will have good numbers to check you calculations with.

Good Luck
Dan

Expert by NO means, LOL
More
18 years 7 months ago #13221 by havohej
really dont know why dont all help the norwegian guy.
when I was a student it really cost me to learn subnetting and all that stuff, now I dont really master but I defende my self in these sort of situations.

hey friend, the second diagrama where the address are placed is ok, and an idea and I think the only solution in a really situation where you really cant use any ip adress Ifor the wan sides of each location, you can use the "ip unnumbered" it uses the same ip address for the wan and lan side.

now, quoting d_jabsd you mention that for the wan you can use a /31 mask?? really??? I dont think so, but as I mentioned I dont master subnetting, so please explain me how you can use a wan subnet mask of /31???

Salute :
Time to create page: 0.133 seconds