Skip to main content

multi LAN sharing one printer

More
18 years 11 months ago #10360 by DaLight

then finally a rounter using IP c to enable another three computers sharing internet connection.

All three IP addresses are in the same network.

My questions, how can I enable all the three computer under the router to sharing the printer that connected to computer A? Is it possible?

Rockape, my assumption on the location of three of the PCs in a different subnet was based on the above quote. The three PCs are sharing a single IP (c) through the router and so must be in a different subnet to the other PCs and indeed the printer.

piglet, if you do not have a print server device or are not willing to get one, you can restructure your network by putting all the computers behind the router so that they all share one address. That way they will all be on the same subnet and you will not have any NETBIOS problems.

This should not be a problem unless you want to isolate the PCs from each other for some reason. I know this will mean only one of your three allocated IP addresses, but if all you're doing is accessing the internet, a basic NAT router should do the job.
More
18 years 11 months ago #10374 by TheBishop
Replied by TheBishop on topic Printer
What type of printer is it?
We have a bodge set up here where we have a single Laserjet 4 which prints from two totally isolated networks. One network is connected into the JetDirect card in the printer and provides networked printing from that network. Printing from the other network is served by a PC on that network which sits next to the printer. This PC connects to the printer via the parallel port. The Laserjet looks for any print job coming in via network or one of its physical interfaces and just prints it.
More
18 years 11 months ago #10384 by DaLight
Excellent idea!! That would definitely solve the problem if a re-organisation of the network was not satisfactory.
More
18 years 11 months ago #10451 by Rockape
Hey Bishop,

I think you just stole my thunder. Thats the "problem" with working in the same office as him. Only kidding, really he is a great guy to work with. He provides hours of entertainment for everyone in the office.
More
18 years 11 months ago #10453 by TheBishop
Replied by TheBishop on topic Entertainment
Can't imagine what you're talking about
More
18 years 11 months ago #10458 by DaLight
So where's this "entertaining side" of the Bishop ? :wink:
Time to create page: 0.140 seconds