Skip to main content

multi LAN sharing one printer

More
18 years 11 months ago #10348 by piglet
I have three IP addresses a, b, c provided by the business center. One computer A is using a IP and one printer is directly connected to this computer A. Computer B is sharing Internet through computer A, and sharing printer with computer A; Computer C using IP b, sharing printer with computer A; then finally a rounter using IP c to enable another three computers sharing internet connection.

All three IP addresses are in the same network.

My questions, how can I enable all the three computer under the router to sharing the printer that connected to computer A? Is it possible?

Thank you
More
18 years 11 months ago #10353 by DaLight
I'm assuming you're using Windows. NETBIOS cannot be routed across subnets (unless you've got WINS server) so the PCs behind the router (on IP c) will not be able to share the printer. If your printer has a built-in print server, or you are able to get hold of a print server then you may be able to access the printer directly instead of as a shared printer.
More
18 years 11 months ago #10356 by Rockape
Dalight,

Can't you use Port Management under the printer properites page to make this work. Point all PCs at the same port on the PC?? I'm sure I've done something similar here on a small network with one Printer and three PCs "directly" connected to it?!?!?!
More
18 years 11 months ago #10357 by DaLight
Rockape, I think the problem is that the PCs are in a different subnet from the shared printer. There would be no problem if they were all in the same subnet.
More
18 years 11 months ago #10358 by Rockape
Mmmmmm

Piglet, can you confirm if all the PCs are on the same subnet address, or different addresses?

Then Dalight and myself can perhaps try and help a bit more!!

Cheers
More
18 years 11 months ago #10359 by piglet
IP a&b is in one room, IP c is in another room, is there anyway to re-structure the connection to make all computers share the printer?

thanks
Time to create page: 0.133 seconds