Skip to main content

Networking Issue

More
16 years 3 months ago #26558 by grenadadoc
Networking Issue was created by grenadadoc
Tried to install a clinical app that will allow me to download labs directly from LabCorp. During the course of this installation, I had to create a folder on Computer 1 fully shared by all (Domain Users and Everyone in both the Share Tab and the Security Tabs). From my computer (2), I (with full administrative domain rights) then tried to find that folder by clicking on Microsoft Windows Network/Domain name. I get a message that the domain is not accessible, I might not have permission to use this network resource, and the list of servers for this workgroup is not currently available.

I've also tried to find that folder by adding a new network place and typing in \\computer1\foldername, but this just hangs.

I know I'm missing something simple, but cannot figure out what it is. Can anyone help w/ this?

Thanks in advance.
More
16 years 3 months ago #26562 by TheBishop
Replied by TheBishop on topic Re: Networking Issue
Is this a network with a domain controller (i.e. a centrally controlled domain) or is it a workgroup? I'm a little unsure as you used both terms in your post and they are not the same thing at all. If you have a workgroup (which I suspect) then make sure you have a user with the same username and same password set upon both PCs
More
16 years 3 months ago #26583 by grenadadoc
Replied by grenadadoc on topic Re: Networking Issue
I have a domain.
The error message mentioned the word Workgroup

I have googled the error message and basically found out that Symantecś antivirus running on the target client computer was preventing my accessing that computer from elsewhere within the network. I tweaked the symantec firewall settings, and was able to access the shared folder on the target computer.
More
16 years 1 month ago #27037 by gracy
Replied by gracy on topic Networking
I have googled the error message and basically found out that Symantecś antivirus running on the target client computer was preventing my accessing that computer from elsewhere within the network. I tweaked the symantec firewall settings, and was able to access the shared folder on the target computer.

===================
alora

www.ymail.com
Time to create page: 0.122 seconds