Skip to main content

how to delete new folder

More
16 years 10 months ago #23809 by eddiecraig
if i open c: drive or any other drive.. a newfolder was created automatically..even after deleting it...it comes back again..how to delete it..
More
16 years 10 months ago #23810 by TheBishop
Welcome eddiecraig.
Your problem sounds very odd.
Give us the basics first; what OS you are using etc (I'm assuming some flavour of Windows).
Also:
1) How do you access these drives in which the new folder appears? E.g. through My Computer? Through Explorer? Some other way?
2) You say it comes back again after you delete it. When does it come back? Next time you access the folder? After a reboot? As you watch?
Try to be specific in your answers and we'll do our best to get to the bottom of it for you
More
16 years 10 months ago #23816 by Smurf
Replied by Smurf on topic Re: how to delete new folder
Also whats the folder called ? It may be some application thats creating it and knowing what the folder's name is could help.

Wayne Murphy
Firewall.cx Team Member
www.firewall.cx

Now working for a Security Company called Sec-1 Ltd in the UK, for any
Penetration Testing work visit www.sec-1.com or PM me for details.
More
16 years 9 months ago #24164 by carribeanking
Its a sohand virus...i too faced same problem......you can clean out it by downloading avg root kit from avg site.........
More
16 years 9 months ago #24170 by sose
Replied by sose on topic Re: how to delete new folder
Smurf, dalight

Its not in all cages we provide details, in some cases u can conclude some incidents from scanty symptoms.

Actually its a worm that replicates the parent folder in the child folder . If u check the property of the folder u will find out that it is not actually a folder but an application which is similar to the "mount point" principle prepared either in a shell script or batch file.

the carribean queen oh! sorry king has sovled your problem.
thanks
More
16 years 9 months ago #24193 by Alans
Replied by Alans on topic Re: how to delete new folder
i think it's an old worm, when my pc was infected with this i was seraching for a file with the "new folder"s size on the pc startup, then i was removing all of them, but now i think all AVs can detect this.

always Face your Fears...
Time to create page: 0.135 seconds