Skip to main content

DNS Lease Help!

More
17 years 3 months ago #21966 by exterminate
DNS Lease Help! was created by exterminate
I have a windows 2003 server as main server. I also have a 24 port and 48 port switch. It is working.... ok. It seems that the leasing for IP addresses has run dry? I say this because several computers were unable to connect to the office and internet unless I gave them static IP's. I then went to hook up a simple HP Jet Direct 175x and it did not get an IP either (I tried several locations with it). HP confirmed that it should get an IP immediately upon connection and it is confirmed connected.
My main roll here has 35 hats and one is the computer system and I am trying to see how I can get this DHCP to release new IP addresses again.
Any thought would be very much appreciated. Thank You.

Robert Myslik
More
17 years 3 months ago #21971 by DaLight
Replied by DaLight on topic Re: DNS Lease Help!
Have the 2003 DHCP server ever worked? Also are you sure that there is only one device on your network issuing IP addresses by DHCP?
More
17 years 3 months ago #21977 by exterminate
Replied by exterminate on topic No really
Not really sure it did work but only one server would be utilizing this. The other two are for mail and printing. Any easy way to see if it is working right?

Robert Myslik
More
17 years 3 months ago #21986 by DaLight
Replied by DaLight on topic Re: DNS Lease Help!
Check out the DHCP server control panel under Administrative tools and you can see what the active leases are.
Time to create page: 0.118 seconds