Skip to main content

Microsoft Exchange Query

More
17 years 4 months ago #21515 by Momorms
I dont know where is the proper forum for my thread... Sorry if ever my question dont belong here.

Anyways, my question is... Why use Microsoft Exchange? What are the benefits/advangates that I can get if ever I am going to use it?
More
17 years 4 months ago #21529 by DaLight
By Microsoft Exchange, I assume you mean Microsoft Exchange Server. Microsoft Exchange Server is Microsoft's Groupware/Email solution for organisations that want to host their email in-house.
Typically a setup includes an Exchange server with a number of clients connecting using Microsoft Outlook.
Users' emails, calendar appointments and infact any items created in Outlook can be stored centrally on the Exchange Server. In addition, the Exchange Server can be setup to send and receive emails on behalf of the organisation's domain.

By using an Exchange Server, your emails (and other data) can be backed up centrally and more importantly virus checked.

Now wherever, you see Exchange Server in the above explanation, you can substitute a number of commercial and open-source solutions including Novell's Groupwise , eGroupWare , Zimbra and Merak Email .
More
17 years 4 months ago #21535 by Smurf
Replied by Smurf on topic Re: Microsoft Exchange Query
Also you have the Outlook Web Access facilities to allow users to access e-mail, contacts, diary, etc... through a webpage. And, the ActiveSync facilities to synchronise with handhelds, over the web aswell i beleive.

Wayne Murphy
Firewall.cx Team Member
www.firewall.cx

Now working for a Security Company called Sec-1 Ltd in the UK, for any
Penetration Testing work visit www.sec-1.com or PM me for details.
Time to create page: 0.119 seconds