Skip to main content

Eraseing Hard Drive

More
17 years 6 months ago #20169 by ping
Eraseing Hard Drive was created by ping
is there any way of eraseing hard drive securily other then physically damageing it??

Cheers..:D

The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you can not do..!!
More
17 years 6 months ago #20171 by Smurf
Replied by Smurf on topic Re: Eraseing Hard Drive
Take a look at this thread which is all about this topic.

CHeers

Wayne Murphy
Firewall.cx Team Member
www.firewall.cx

Now working for a Security Company called Sec-1 Ltd in the UK, for any
Penetration Testing work visit www.sec-1.com or PM me for details.
More
17 years 6 months ago #20199 by SmartDude
Replied by SmartDude on topic Re: Eraseing Hard Drive
Use "File Shredder" to permanently delete data

Share the Knowledge, make a master being a Master...
Best Regards,
SmartDude
More
17 years 5 months ago #20474 by verbatim
Replied by verbatim on topic Re: Eraseing Hard Drive
the HD manuf. provide free utilites you can download, like Western digitals data lifeguard. you can do a low level reformat to wipe the drive
More
16 years 7 months ago #25050 by T0X1K66O
Okay. so I work for a company in chicago and we do data recovery. we got a very well equipped clean room. anyway. I took the platters and all out of my drive and took the casing and made a little mod. if you have the proper materials and the proper know how you can do this easily. OKay. so what you do is disassemble your drive in a clean room. take the case and drill a hole wide enough to fit a model rocket engine. I also placed a thin piece of foil to the hole. model rocket engine on the exterior. the piece of foil was to prevent residue from the rocket engine form making its way in unless i desired. now I made a little bracket to hold the rocket engine and everything. it uses an electronic ignition system which is activated by my adruino board. it also has outputs to control the arms of the hard drive as well as the motor. ofcourse some soldering was involved. but i tested this method and it worked marvelously. the ash flows into the caseing and the motor continues to spin at top rpm. meanwhile the arms slide back and forth on the platters. grinding the ash and carbon on the surface. therefore completely destroying all of the once readable surfaces in the drive. it also has a seperate power source. so it works regardless of wether or not the pc is powered on. uses 2 buttons on 2 different places in the case to complete the activating circuit. so there is no possibility of unintentional misfire. one button in the back and one under the removeable face plate of my antec900 gamer case. just rip off the front panel since its the type that pulls of easily and you gain access to the second button. Needless to say it got me out of alot of of trouble. I have plenty of aftermath pics and even a video of testing. and my control unit has the capability of being used with up to 6 hard drives. one of my proudest modifications. when you do the things I do you're saftey and lack of incrimination is you're number one priority. physical damage is the absolute best way to get rid of your unwanted data. I'll post links to pics and video on here in a reply when i get around to uploading it all.plus mayyyyyyyyybe plans.
Time to create page: 0.165 seconds