Skip to main content

How to Find the Type and manufacturer of the hardware

More
17 years 9 months ago #18943 by prabhuk
Dear all,

I have installed the windows 2000 server in a machine. The second thing is I have to install drivers for VGA, USB, Ethernet Adapter, Chipset driver. How do I find the Type and Manufacturer of VGA and others. How do I see the Type , Name , Manufacturer of VGA,Ethernet adapter and others in the PC. If I konw the name , then only I can download the corresponding drivers and install.

So Please tell me ways.
More
17 years 9 months ago #18946 by Smurf
First, if you have a known manufacturers machine (for example, Dell, Fujitsu-siemans, HP, Compaq, etc..) then you will be able to go to their website and enter the model of the machine. Here you will find all the appropriate drivers for that machine (quite a lot of machine are now only supporting Windows XP, Microsoft has stop mainstream support of Windows 2000.

If its a machine that has been built up, the best thing to do is take the lid off and have a look at the make and model numbers of each component. Then try the manufactures websites for relevent drivers or google for them

Cheers

Wayne Murphy
Firewall.cx Team Member
www.firewall.cx

Now working for a Security Company called Sec-1 Ltd in the UK, for any
Penetration Testing work visit www.sec-1.com or PM me for details.
More
17 years 9 months ago #18948 by prabhuk
thanks smurf for your quick reply.

The PC is assembled one. It is having onboard lan adapter and VGA cards and etc. so I unable to see the manufacturer.

I downloaded some drivers buy using that mother board name.

I will try and let you know.

Thanks

Prabhu K.
More
17 years 9 months ago #18949 by prabhuk
smurf,

I got the drivers and installed . It is working fine.

Thank you.

Prabhu K
More
17 years 9 months ago #18950 by DaLight
As Smurf said your besat bet is always to take the lid off and try to identify the components. You could also run any of the system information utilities which can be found on boot disks like www.ultimatebootcd.com/ or www.ubcd4win.com/ .
More
17 years 9 months ago #18952 by Smurf
Kewl, glad ya sorted :wink:

Wayne Murphy
Firewall.cx Team Member
www.firewall.cx

Now working for a Security Company called Sec-1 Ltd in the UK, for any
Penetration Testing work visit www.sec-1.com or PM me for details.
Time to create page: 0.143 seconds