Skip to main content

SYSTEM PERFORMANCE- WHAT IS HAPPENING.....

More
17 years 9 months ago #18450 by talk2sp
hey guyz whats happening how u all doing its been a while since i posted down here. i have this slight problem with a customers laptop -

when i open windows task manager then performance right it shows me cpu usage 100% which i know its not suppose to be that way but em under PF usage it shows 155mb. Commit Charge 155m/975m.

i have tried a little from my brain emptied alot of files, remove temp files but still yet did not go down. when i rebooted the system it went down but later rose up.... what do u guyz think i could do next to solve the problem.... so that the cpu usage gets down... and what do u think its getting the system so high. (sure its not drugs) (lol).

as usual guyz i need ideas.

BORN TO BE GREAT

c0de - 3
Take Responsibility! Don't let failures define you
More
17 years 9 months ago #18452 by DaLight
The PF Usage figure is not out of the ordinary. But if CPU usage is staying at 100%, you've either got spyware or a rogue process. Have you tried listing the processes in Task Manager by the "CPU" column, to see which processes are hogging the CPU?
More
17 years 9 months ago #18455 by talk2sp
Replied by talk2sp on topic i ended processes.....
Dalight i ended processes and i tell u the ones that i there now are meant for system i dont have time to paste a preview here i will have done so, so that u see it...

do u think reformating the system will make a difference... cos i agree with one thing that the owner loaded things which are not meant for the system.

so what happens next....

BORN TO BE GREAT

c0de - 3
Take Responsibility! Don't let failures define you
More
17 years 9 months ago #18456 by jhun
hi,

i would go for dalight's intuition since it is not normal for a workstation to hit 100% cpu when it has only the bare essentials running. it might be that one of the system's processes have been compromise with either a trojan/virus or spyware. look at the processes carefully and check which ones are using the most cpu. sometimes it may show some svchost.exe processes that are using cpu. to determine which processes are running under svchost.exe, you could check this link

you could also perform other checks on your system by checking the registry, msconfig, startup programs/applications for anything suspicious. also make sure your AV is up to date and also your OS is patched.
More
17 years 9 months ago #18457 by FallenZer0

i tell u the ones that i there now are meant for system

Is there a remote possibility that any of the System Processes could be the culprit, so that one would look somewhere else for a solution? Something to think about when you have time.

-There Is A Foolish Corner In The Brain Of The Wisest Man- Aristotle
More
17 years 9 months ago #18550 by donjuan
try to install a good spyware, and scan whole system, maybe there is 'something' using your cpu usage..just try it bro...
Time to create page: 0.144 seconds