Skip to main content

Microsoft Windows Network?

More
18 years 2 months ago #15407 by rax5
Can anyone help me with this?

When I look at the entire network, for some reason microsoft windows network doesnt show up. Only Microsoft terminal services & web client network.. I need to access the microsoft windows network because the shared printer is located there.. does anybody have any idea how to bring that icon/access back onto entire network?

greatness
More
18 years 2 months ago #15408 by monsky
hi rax5,

check the ip address you have got. determine if your network has a DHCP server where the stations got their IPs including yours or is it being done manually or static. by checking this you will know if you are on the same network.
check the ip of the station where a shared printer is connected. then ping it from your station. remember, your station and where the shared printer must be on the same network or at least a router between them that forwards ip.
More
18 years 2 months ago #15409 by monsky
or if it is in a windows 98 OS. check the netbeiu protocol if it is installed. it is the microsoft network naming service. right-click the network neighborhood/properties/protocol/add the netbeui.
More
18 years 2 months ago #15429 by Supreme7
If you have a domain promoted network you can access your network from win explorer then map to your needed resource.

Win 9x or oo or xp When you go to your directory or win explorer just
click on the little + to expand , instead of clicking on an icon.

peace
:twisted:
Time to create page: 0.120 seconds