Skip to main content

DNS Troubles with Windows 2003

More
18 years 10 months ago #11137 by oki1abort
I am currently running a Windows 2003 Server for about 100 machines. A problem has surfaced that I thought I'd see if anyone here can help with. I have configured the forward and reverse lookup zones. This seems to work just fine except for a few machines (my laptop included). About every 10 minutes or so, I have to re-register my DNS info to be able to resolve on the network (ipconfig /registerdns). I can ping the DNS server during these outages as well as perform nslookups successfully. I have tried to create a host record in the zone manually for my laptop to no avail. I have set up another DNS server on another windows 2003 server as a secondary and it still doesn't seem to help. Most of the network is just fine. I have formatted and reinstalled XP Pro on my laptop and the problem is still present. I have disabled scaveging and re-enabled it to no avail. Not sure what steps are next? Have set the TTL for DDNS via GP to be 1 hour and have set the refresh DDNS interval for 30 minutes.
Any thoughts, ideas?

Thanks a bunch in advance...

-exasperated- :?
More
18 years 5 months ago #14135 by kunaltyagi
change the DNS mx records on the server 2003 .... means add more host file entries relating to ur DNS for the entire network ....

I'm an artist by living --- my art is my life
Time to create page: 0.110 seconds