Skip to main content

mirroring data live between 2 linux servers

More
18 years 3 weeks ago #16541 by sud_a
I have a red hat ent linux 4 server which at present is mirrored .It has mysql database and appication sw.

Is it possible for me to add another server and then mirror both the servers ,so that if the promary goes down ... the secondary will take over.

The primary server is connected to the internet ,hence the secondary server would also need to have the same ip configuration so that it is live .

i had gone thru rsynch .

Is there a freeware avialble for the live concept or do i need to go for some paid servivce.

if there is any kindly let me know
More
18 years 2 weeks ago #16713 by nske
There are two distinct parts to what you need:
- Replicating your data from one machine to the other in real time
- and seting a failover environment so that if one server goes down, the other takes up.

Both can be done using free software, but also both require a somewhat good understanding of TCP/IP and unix.

The first part you can do with DRDB , and the second with UCARP .

Setting up ucarp is simple as soon as you understand how CARP works. CARP (Common Address Redundancy Protocol) was made by the OpenBSD team and it is documented in the PF-faq . After you read it's specifics you should be able to install and configure UCARP either from an RPM precompiled package or from source, as described on the "INSTALL" file included in the compressed tarball.

Setting up drdb is more complicated, but fortunatelly there is some excellent documentation available through the official site (look at Documentation and Publications sections).

If there's any problem on the way we might be able to help :)
More
17 years 9 months ago #18370 by sulu
Hay i m using AS 3 on of my server and want to install DRBD on it so tell me what version of DRBD i can install on it. thanx in advance for ur help

regards
salman
NETWORK ADMIN
PCB, ISLAMABAD
PAKISTAN
More
17 years 9 months ago #18372 by DaLight
This is a duplicate post. Please answer here:
www.firewall.cx/ftopict-3413.html
Time to create page: 0.140 seconds