Skip to main content

cross over cable

More
19 years 4 weeks ago #9739 by dwyane
cross over cable was created by dwyane
:? hey guys i was told by some one that i can connect a cisco router with a cross over cable.... any more inputs on this.. as im not shure if it'll wrk or not....
More
19 years 4 weeks ago #9740 by dwyane
Replied by dwyane on topic Re: cross over cable

:? hey guys i was told by some one that i can connect a cisco router with a cross over cable.... any more inputs on this.. as im not shure if it'll wrk or not....

***** connect two cisco router with a cross over cable*******
More
19 years 4 weeks ago #9741 by knighthood4u
Replied by knighthood4u on topic Re: cross over cable
Yes, you can use a cross over cable (DCE cable) and DTE cable to eliminate the cost of a DSU/CSU if you just want to connect to routers together for lab testing. Connect the DCE cable to a DTE cable and then to the routers. Make sure you turn on the clock to the router connected to the DCE cable using the "clock rate <speed>" IOS command. For more info refer to Chapter 4 CCNA Intor Exam Certification Guide.
More
19 years 4 weeks ago #9745 by dwyane
thanxx buddy... had few more queries will it work with all different sorts of routing [rip,igrp, eigrp, ospf, static etc].... im bit confused :roll:
More
19 years 4 weeks ago #9747 by Tarun
Replied by Tarun on topic Re: cross over cable

Using a crossover to directly connect the routers together works and is simple. You can also use dce/dte cables on the serial ports as well which would save you using an ethernet port.
If your router has an auxiliary user interface (AUI) port you can get different transeivers, I believe, which you could use to connect them together.
You can also connect them if you have WICs installed (Wan Interface Cards) but these are made for WAN connectivity obviously.

This might help:
www.duxcw.com/dcforum/DCForumID2/1883.html

Next would be SP (Service Provider)
CCNA, CCNP (Switching), CCIE#20640
More
19 years 4 weeks ago #9748 by dwyane
:idea: cooll stuff Tarun...thnxxx.. ill go through the info provided... 8)
Time to create page: 0.179 seconds