Skip to main content

Regarding communication mechanism in Network

More
15 years 8 months ago #28743 by GajananDon
Hi Friends,

I have a small doubt ...

Currently we are doing one project which does the communication between two network nodes using Ethernet.
So, during establishing connection and Sending data after establishing connection, we are using channel id.
But no where in our code, i found the significance of it.

So my question is:
1) I want to know the importance of channel id between the two nodes (what is the role... is it something like session id) ? ?
2) Is Channel id unique between one pair of nodes (when i want to communicate to more than one node in network) ? ?

Any answer ?????

Thanks in advance...

Cheers,
Ur Friend.
More
15 years 8 months ago #28744 by Smurf
This sounds like a programming question and not a networking question ? Can you elaborate a little please ?

Wayne Murphy
Firewall.cx Team Member
www.firewall.cx

Now working for a Security Company called Sec-1 Ltd in the UK, for any
Penetration Testing work visit www.sec-1.com or PM me for details.
More
15 years 8 months ago #28748 by GajananDon
Ok Smurf...

I am asking generally...

When we are establishing connection between the two network nodes and after that if we want to send the data (in which, we will give destination node id) do we need to configure anything else so that communication will be proper...

Is there any concept of Channel between the two network nodes which is used for establishing connection and then for sending the data packets... ????
More
15 years 8 months ago #28750 by Smurf
Hi,

The communiction is done using a Socket which mapps the Source/Destination IP Addresses against Source/Destination Ports. This is how the host knows which application thats running on the host should get the data.

Hope this answers ya question

Wayne Murphy
Firewall.cx Team Member
www.firewall.cx

Now working for a Security Company called Sec-1 Ltd in the UK, for any
Penetration Testing work visit www.sec-1.com or PM me for details.
More
15 years 8 months ago #28755 by sose
to answer this question one has to be conversant with a networking programming language.

the question partains to the programming aspect of networking

I am a programming language illiterate person
Time to create page: 0.125 seconds