Skip to main content

Best network programming language

More
16 years 6 months ago #25404 by vparipel
I am new to network programming. Can anyone suggest which is best for network programming. I have done basic programming with python, perl and c.
More
16 years 6 months ago #25406 by DaLight
What do you mean by "network programming"?
More
16 years 6 months ago #25412 by KiLLaBeE
my guess is that he means what is sometimes known as "socket programming" -- programming that allows one to create applications that will communicate with network resources or perform networking-related functions (i.e.: a program that will ping something upon request, establish a connection with a remote server, etc).

only toward the end of my experience/passion for programming did i start to want to search for the programming language that would be best for network programming -- I didn't find any.
More
16 years 6 months ago #25415 by Chojin
Visual Basic.Net can be very usefull for creating nice customized tools. Ofcourse c++, c#, perl, batch-scripting, etc can also be used to create some tools.

Depends fully on the task you want to perform ofcourse.

"Network Programming" is to global to make a correct decision on which language would suit best

CCNA / CCNP / CCNA - Security / CCIP / Prince2 / Checkpoint CCSA
More
16 years 6 months ago #25416 by S0lo
I'd use VC++ with the Win32 API. Search for books on "Windows Socket Programming". You might also need to use Winpcap SDK for sniffing Ethernet.

Studying CCNP...

Ammar Muqaddas
Forum Moderator
www.firewall.cx
Time to create page: 0.125 seconds