Skip to main content

T1 or T3.. which one better?

More
17 years 4 months ago #21633 by siliBuG
im confused.. my friends said to me.. even t3 is faster.. but t1 is much better... is that true?

he didnt said why.. he just said he know that from his experiences..
can someone tell me.. which one is better..?

tq :)
More
17 years 4 months ago #21637 by semper
T1 = 1.5Mbps
T3 = 45Mbps

I wouldn't say that one is better over the other. It all depends on what your using them for and there is allot more to it than just T1 vs. T3.
More
17 years 4 months ago #21642 by KiLLaBeE
My knowledge of the two technologies are a little fuzzy and I'll have to review my notes if I need to go into more details, but one of the differences is, obviously, cost. If you only need 15MB of bandwidth, then its cheaper to get several T1s than it is to get 1 T3. On the client side, a device, I think a DSU/CSU, will aggregate the lines into one. That's why you sometimes hear companies say "One of our T1s blah blah." Questions like this pop up on the Network+ exam.

Your friend probably means better as in "T3 is faster than T1," same as we would say that OC3 is "better" than DSL.

However, in the business world, its not about which one is faster, its about which one will allow the business to stay within budget and still be competitive, since competitive equals using technology and money wisely.

K
More
17 years 4 months ago #21727 by siliBuG
ok.. if it about fastest..
and u r not agree with ur friends..(about t1 much better than t3)
how will u explain to him that he wrong..

may i know what connection is used between ISP...
is it oc3...t1.. t3.. or...?
Time to create page: 0.124 seconds