Skip to main content

Cisco 837 Router setup problems

More
18 years 5 months ago #13850 by oliver
Hi

I have just aquired a Cisco 837 Router and am having problems configuring it.

At the Web Setup utility I enter all the required info i.e. user name password, ip addresses etc and click apply. i then get a message box with status bar saying the settings are being sent to the router. However this process does not seem to work as the status bar and message box stay on screen for hours and the settings do not seemed to have been sent to the router.

Has anyone experienced this before or can help me?

Thanks
More
18 years 5 months ago #13851 by TheBishop
Replied by TheBishop on topic Router
Seen a similar thing with the web setup wizard on Cisco 3750 switches. Make sure that if you have a pop-up blocker on your web browser that it's turned off
More
18 years 5 months ago #13861 by havohej
maybe the java stuff, try upgrading as some sdm dont works with old java software.
More
18 years 5 months ago #14267 by CaptainCodfish
Replied by CaptainCodfish on topic Same here
I am having exactly the same problem.

I reset my 837 to its factory defaults yesterday after my telephone had been down for a few hours.

Now It will not accept any of my details. I am using my old netgear 834 as that is simple but does not stay up for weeks on end like my Cisco837 did. I am using the same version of Java I had when I originally set up the 837 have uninstalled adwatch and McAfee. I would really like to know why my settings are not being held.
More
18 years 5 months ago #14297 by jwj
I think the web interface is just buggy in general, just use the CLI. I've been having problems with the 1310 AP's web interface, so I think this is a pretty common problem.

-Jeremy-
More
18 years 5 months ago #14298 by CaptainCodfish
Replied by CaptainCodfish on topic Fixed it
I spoke to a chap in the office who has had problems with this sort of thing before. He recommended using a different PC to do the config. 3 PC's later and 20 minutes every thing is as it should be. I am a little concerned that if I didn't have a few machines to hand how I would have got around this. But I am happy for now, now that all is working. :)
Time to create page: 0.130 seconds