Skip to main content

where do i start a+ mcp or ccna

More
18 years 4 months ago #14369 by wirehead61
First of all this site is great being new I am looking for any advise for where to start my certification track i have worked in IT for many years and find my self needing to get some certs I looking into cisco ccna my background has been tech support helpdesk desktop support some sever. I am one of those who got caught in 2000 IT bust and did not have any certs. So after a three year drought I'm finally back in IT. so working at the the teir 1 support level i want to start off on the right foot.
More
18 years 4 months ago #14370 by TheBishop
Replied by TheBishop on topic Certs
Well firstly, welcome back Wirehead61!
It depends on your level of experience really. What I'd do would be to have a look at the material and maybe a practice exam or two for one of the common MCPs; perhaps Windows XP for instance. If you feel the material is within your grasp with a bit of study, go for that straight away. But if you think 'oh dear, I'd like to start with something easier' then do the A+ first. Whatever you do, aim to get one or more common MCP's as they will give you maximum return for your effors in terms of employemnt opportunity
More
18 years 4 months ago #14387 by wirehead61
hey bishop thanks for the advice looking at the microsoft I will start with that and progress into cisco ccna.
Time to create page: 0.117 seconds