Skip to main content

CCNA exam. info request

More
18 years 10 months ago #11525 by vladg
Ok, i'll go straight to the point:
I'd like to have a CCNA certification (d'oh:D). The thing is: I don't want to go through any network academy and such, but rather learn the info from the curriculum req. myself (books, other means...). Can I take the exams, without being an "academy graduate"?

Ah!, and what's the basic/current price for a CCNA cert? Or does the price deppend on...what?

That about wraps out my problem.

Regards,

Vlad D.
More
18 years 10 months ago #11534 by RedRanger
You do not need to go through the Cisco Networking Academy to be a CCNA, however, it is highly recommended. But, if you want to go the independant study route, I have the curriculum for the 4 semesters of CCNA. Just PM me on that one. I'm in the third semester of CCNA in an academy. I don't have to pay for it, so I benefit from it alot. Now, as far as certification prices, it really depends on the way you take it. There are two ways:

CCNA All in One

or

CCNA Intro Exam
&
CCNA ICND Exam

My suggestion is that you take the second way. As soon as you finish the CCNA 2nd semester, you can take the Intro exam and get half of the CCNA certification done with. The ICND can be taken after the 4th semester and you will be a complete CCNA. Or, you can just take the all in one. The Two exams run about $100 each. And I think the All in one is about $150. So, good luck with that.

RedRanger

"I'd Rather You Hate Me For Everything I Am Than Love Me For Something I'm Not."

Be Awesome
More
18 years 10 months ago #11547 by vladg
Replied by vladg on topic Re: CCNA exam. info request
Thanks for all the info, RedRanger! I't helped! It's just that, now, you see, i'm even more confused. :D But now I know what to look for. :)

Ah, also, can someone please explain the cisco's (ccna) exam numbering system? I see all sort of stuff like 70-20, 640-801 and it just makes me feel naive. And I hate that feeling. :)

Also, the exam's must differ, so, given the fact that I don't intend to go through any net acad and such, I'm going to put my trust into diff. books that, sometimes, I notice, are based around the nr. I mentioned earlier.

Regards,

Vlad G.
More
18 years 10 months ago #11552 by RedRanger
OK, test numbers:

CCNA All in One is 640-801

The Intro is 640-821
The ICND is 640-811

RedRanger

"I'd Rather You Hate Me For Everything I Am Than Love Me For Something I'm Not."

Be Awesome
More
18 years 10 months ago #11553 by RedRanger
O, by the way, given the information you sent me in the PM, I definitly changed my mind. I think you will do just fine without a Networking Academy. You have even more information than our academy will give us. Good luck in this!

RedRanger

Be Awesome
More
18 years 10 months ago #11573 by RedRanger
Also, see if you can get your hands on the Boson Cisco CCNA Network Simulator. I haven't been able to pirate it, so best bets is to buy it. This will most certainly assist you in your quest.

RedRanger

Be Awesome
Time to create page: 0.143 seconds