Skip to main content

Firewall Bypass Help Please

More
19 years 2 months ago #9271 by Rino48
I go to college and will be staying in the suits. They are monitered by the school. I do not know how strict the web-surfing firewall is (if I can visit any site) but I do know that I cannot download anything by using Bearshare. Can we bypass this problem? Thank you for your time. Again, I am mainly concerned with the Bearshare downloading problem.

RINO
More
19 years 2 months ago #9274 by The_Berzerker
Welcome to the forum Rino48,
The problem you are posting about is not an actual problem since they offer you internet connectivity. Bypassing the firewall is not legal and you might get into trouble when they find out. Bearshare is not allowed since it's a p2p program which is illegal in most countries. The best thing is to contact your network administrator and talk about it, although i don't think he'll allow this kind of traffic.
Cheers
More
19 years 1 month ago #9670 by Rino48
I also cannot play games online at all. They blocked all the ports that allow this. Any ideas on how to get past the port-block?
More
19 years 1 month ago #9672 by nske
Well, port blocking is pretty straightforward. The only way you can get through, is to perform the connection to a port that is not blocked. So you'd need either control over the server you want to connect to, or control over an other machine with unrestricted access to proxy through, however the last option might effectively double the hops so it's not good for games and other delay-sensitive applications.
Time to create page: 0.121 seconds