Skip to main content

Help with ASA 5505 Configuration!

More
15 years 2 months ago #30795 by riyas50
Hi,

I'm really new to Cisco and not aware of IOS. I've experience in other small firewalls and adsl routers and cisco wireless products.

Now i'm in a situation where i have to configure ASA 5505 some how.

its a brand new one bought by one of my client. the requirement is as follows:

1. the client is having and ADSL connection from ISP which is dynamic public IP.
2. ISP Provided an Aztech Adsl Router with dhcp running in it. which provides a 192.168.1.x to the clients.

now client brought one ASA 5505 and want to position it behid the Aztech router and remaining Lan clients will be connected to ASA 5505.

The client also needs a site to site vpn to another country, which they have a firewall called Watchguard Firebox X5000 having VPN + IPSec.

and the client also needs to setup a Remote access VPN for the local remote clients from their homes.

this can be represented as follows:

ISP >> Aztech ADSL router with dynamic Public IP + 192.168.1.1 local LAN IP(supports DynDNS client) >> ASA 5505 (with site to site vpn and Remote access VPN) >> Local Area Network (with internet access)

This setup is to test the functionality and after a successful test, the client will move to a higher specification hardware for scalability and hight availability.
currently the only problem is that on the outside interface i dont have static public ip, only option is to use the Dynamic DNS service.

i would like to use the ADSM to configure ASA 5505.

search a lot to find a simplified help, but was not able to find one!

any help would be greatly appreciated, or can guide me to a link to set it up step by step.

awaiting anybody's help.

thanks in advance.
More
More
15 years 2 months ago #30867 by riyas50
thank you, i'll try to do it!
More
15 years 2 months ago #30868 by riyas50
Hi,
i was able to connect to my ASA 5505 from outside, but i'm not able to access the inside network and vice versa.

what could be the problem?
More
15 years 1 month ago #31365 by faisal4u2
Have you did nat exemption for the return traffic.
Time to create page: 0.140 seconds