Skip to main content

squid delay_pools problem

More
15 years 6 months ago #29648 by DennisMollet
Hey everyone, Noob here.

I am learning about IPCop. Unfortunately, I am learning about it because it is already being used in our network. It seems like it works very well and all, I just interrupt everyone's browsing every time I "experiment"

I am trying to make use of the delay_pools feature of squid. From what I understand, it is enabled in the default installation of IPCop.

Most of our network is on 192.168.1.xxx. We have a few wireless access points that are not secured. Those access points do DHCP on the 192.168.10.xxx network. I set up a virtual interface on IPCOP so that they can run through the proxy server using either 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.10.1. that all works fine.

I would like to limit the bandwidth of the users that log in to the non-secured access points (on the 192.168.10.xxx network). I have tried the following:

##My attempt at traffic shaping for 192.168.10.xxx
acl slowhost src 192.168.10.2-192.168.10.255
delay_pools 1
delay_class 1 2
delay_access 1 allow slowhost
delay_parameters 1 16000/16000 8000/8000
##End attempt

I have tried putting that code in three separate places with no results:
/var/ipcop/proxy/squid.conf (I don't think it's supposed to go here)
/var/ipcop/proxy/acl
/etc/squid.conf

I think the problem could be one (or more) of three things:
-delay_pools doesn't actually come preconfigured in IPCop
-I'm putting in the wrong code
-I'm putting the code in the wrong place

Any suggestions?

Also, when I run "squid -k reconfigure" I get a bunch of warnings that say "Unknown Option" I have commented those out of the file several times, but they always seem to come back.

Thanks a bunch!

Dennis
More
15 years 6 months ago #29700 by DennisMollet
Well, I fixed the warnings when I run "squid -k reconfigure".

Does anybody have any suggestions of where I can start looking to find the problem here?

I don't know how to tell if squid really is configured for delay_pools.

Anywhere that I can start would be helpful.

Thanks,

Dennis
Time to create page: 0.110 seconds