Skip to main content

Setup ASA 5505

More
15 years 10 months ago #28013 by Stendec75
Setup ASA 5505 was created by Stendec75
Hi All,

I relatively new to ASA5505 devices, but I try to understand the following: My ISP provides me with 4 static IP's in a so call routed subnet, so no NAT is available. I don't understand how to setup a internet connection for the inside network. Let me explain. My ADSL modem provides four utp connections all responsible for one external IP address. To connect to the internet I setup an Linksys device (RV042) connected to one port of my ADSL modem. To set it up I must configure a static WAN IP, a subnet and a (external and in the same range) gateway. Works fine!

I would like to setup Remote Access by VPN, using VPN client software, but I don''t understand how to configure my ASA5505 to connect the internal network (behind the ASA) with the external (internet). Do I have to use the RV042 linksys between, or can I connect my ASA directly to my ADSL modem? Is it possible to use my ASA when only routed subnet is available?

Using the Cisco ASDM utility I see it's possible to setup port '0' as an Outside port, connecting to an external network (internet), and it is possible to set it up for an static IP, but to connect it properly to my ADSL modem it needs an gateway IP aswell...what isn't possible... :( So I'm stuck in the mud now.... Any help is welcome!
Time to create page: 0.115 seconds