Skip to main content

bundle two aDSL lines

More
16 years 2 months ago #26792 by binary_dreamer
hi. i got a cisco 876 and two aDSL lines from different providers.
i mamaged to make the cisco make use of both the aDSL lines and split the traffic. in front of the 876 i got two aDSL routers and i made use of dialer list.
i created a LAN in two and divided the traffic to each line based on the source of the traffic. in other words half of my LAN goes through of one aDSL line and the rest of the LAN goes through of the other line.

Also i tried to make use of both lines at the same time as bundle. It did not work correclty. i managed to get double the upload bandwidth, but some times i had problems with the return of the packet (download).

Any ideas anyone to help me out with the issue of making use of both aDSL lines in down/up bandwidth?
More
16 years 2 months ago #26795 by S0lo
Replied by S0lo on topic Re: bundle two aDSL lines
Well what you have done is pretty interesting!! I assume you created two routes, one for each part of the LAN.

To bundle the two lines, you probably need some thing called "load balancing". I'm not sure that it works on the 876. I have few details if you want but I'm not sure about 876 router, does it have a console interface, or only a web interface?

Studying CCNP...

Ammar Muqaddas
Forum Moderator
www.firewall.cx
More
15 years 10 months ago #28099 by r0nni3
Replied by r0nni3 on topic Re: bundle two aDSL lines
That is because each line has a different external IP address. With uploading its no problem but the return traffic might just come over the other line then where it was sent from. This results in the router dropping the packets because there is no NAT session open for this. (I assume you use NAT).
You could try using BGP but im not sure if it would solve the problem. And one thing. If your going to to use BGP make sure you tell your providers just to redistribute the routes they use for your connection. If you get the whole internet BGP table it would kill your router for sure ^^;;

Ron.

Currently working as Cisco Engineer at Neon-Networking.

Certifications:
CCNA - Have it
CCNA Security - Have it
CCSP - Almost!!!!
CCIE Security - Not so far away dream
Time to create page: 0.139 seconds