Make Routers Talk

More
17 years 3 months ago #22247 by Lindows
Make Routers Talk was created by Lindows
Hi Guys

I have two routers

Router 1 192.168.1.10
Router 2 192.168.2.1

Now all my computers are wired into router 1 and wireless devices receive internet access through router 2. Now, my question is, how can i configure router 2 while plugged in physically to router 1. Also Is this a good way to separate a ftp server from my internal network by placing it on router 2.

Lindows
More
17 years 3 months ago #22252 by TheBishop
Replied by TheBishop on topic Re: Make Routers Talk
I'm not sure I understand the question. Are your two routers connected together or are these two separate networks?
More
17 years 3 months ago #22255 by Lindows
Replied by Lindows on topic Talking Routers Part II
Hi

Sorry for not being clear the first time. Well router 1 is a dlink router with the ip address range of 192.168.1.1 and the second router is a linksys with the ip range of 192.168.2.1. No my question is, if i only physically connected to the blink, is it possible to map a port or gateway that will allow me to configure linksys from the system computer, or do i have to be physically plugged in both.

lindows
More
17 years 3 months ago #22256 by Smurf
Replied by Smurf on topic Re: Make Routers Talk
You will need some sort of physical link between the two routers, unless you dual home you PC.

Wayne Murphy
Firewall.cx Team Member
www.firewall.cx

Now working for a Security Company called Sec-1 Ltd in the UK, for any
Penetration Testing work visit www.sec-1.com or PM me for details.
More
17 years 3 months ago #22258 by skepticals
Replied by skepticals on topic Re: Make Routers Talk
I'm still a little foggy on your network setup, but if you can communicate accross the networks, you could use the web-based interface to configure both routers.
More
17 years 3 months ago #22263 by nevaryzarc
Replied by nevaryzarc on topic Re: Make Routers Talk
If I am reading this right it sounds like you want to allow external administration from the WAN side on the linksys.

There should be an option to allow this.
Time to create page: 0.144 seconds