Skip to main content

General troubles - IPcop

More
17 years 7 months ago #19600 by Omnipotentclown
Hi all. I recently setup an IPcop 1.4.13 for my home network. It has been working great, but today i notice that my antivirus (Avast!) is giving me a http 403 when it tries to update. It seems odd because AVG has no problem updating on another pc on the green network. EDIT: Turns out nothing will update, on any pc. I can still do normal downloads however... windows update still works though. :: Another odd problem that came about after IPcop was with Sourceforge. I can browse the site fine, but when I go to download ANYTHING it gets stuck in a constant loop of downloading images or something from ad.xxxxxx and google.analytics. I use Opera so i see the Image count constantly rise, i sat at one point and waited and it went over 600. At the same time it completly maxs out one core on my cpu....
I have Advanced Proxy, Update Accelerator, URL Filter, Calamaris and Advanced Qos installed as well. Im currently not using URL filter because when i try to upload the blacklist it says extension .tar.gz not present.... when is it. Could this be because Im uploading from a windows pc and it only shows the .tar? Qos also isnt turned on because i want to get it right first.
Ive been using this quide for Qos so far
en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Advanced_QoS_for_IPCop/HFSC

So my questions are:
*Possible reason for Avast to give the error.
*Possible reason for Sourceforge to act odd.
*How to get URL Filter to take the blacklist.
*Maybe a little helping properly setting up Qos for a 256kbit down/128kbit up connection

Thanks

Mr. Whitney
More
17 years 7 months ago #19634 by DaLight
First thing to do is to disable or uninstall all add-ons. Then you will need to install them one at a time and perform tests after each installtion. Then report back with the results.

Re: blacklist
Where did you download the blacklist from?

When we get it working properly, we can take a look at the Qos addon.
Time to create page: 0.113 seconds