Skip to main content

Mac Address Filtering

More
18 years 1 day ago #17075 by codiac
Mac Address Filtering was created by codiac
Hi Peeps :-)

another Noobie Question :oops:

I have IPCOP 1.4.11 running with red and green interface only; connected to the green interface are several wireless access points. We allow access to the internet via MAC address only, this works fine, however, its becoming a pain individually entering the MAC address into ALL the access points when giving someone access to the internet.

I have tried advanced proxy, but this only blocks access on port 80, which still allows other stuff to work (msn etc..). I had a look at BOT (block out traffic), but this seems overly complicated for what I need.

Basically, all i want to do is centralise MAC address entry onto the COP box, if MAC address is recognised, they get an ip address from the DHCP and get internet access, if not, "limited or no conectivity" :lol:

Absolutely any help would be greatly appreciated.

J
More
18 years 22 hours ago #17079 by DaLight
Replied by DaLight on topic Re: Mac Address Filtering
Hi codiac!

The easiest way is to use the built-in facility on your IPCOP i.e. the BLUE(wireless) interface. That will mean adding an additional network card, but you will then be able to control access centrally by MAC address via the " Blue Access Administrative Web Page". Check out the relevant section in the IPCOP manual for full details.
More
18 years 10 hours ago #17085 by codiac
Replied by codiac on topic Re: Mac Address Filtering
Hi DaLight :D

I was hoping I could do something without having to install another nic, however, it is probably the best course of action.

BTW, If you haven't already, have a play with the Vigor 3300v, superb bit of kit. Load balances perfectly and the voip functionality works a treat! Thanks for recommending it.

Thanks again for the help :D

J
More
17 years 11 months ago #17098 by DaLight
Replied by DaLight on topic Re: Mac Address Filtering

BTW, If you haven't already, have a play with the Vigor 3300v, superb bit of kit. Load balances perfectly and the voip functionality works a treat! Thanks for recommending it.

I'm still waiting for you to send me one to play with! :D
Time to create page: 0.120 seconds