Skip to main content

Firewall configuring for my LAN

More
18 years 1 week ago #16913 by gunda
:x Hello sir,
I have a LAN connection for my newly started company.
O.S - WIN XP Prof.
Firewall has been activated in the system when loading,but it is not enough.so,i want a strong firewall to be installed in Network system. All computers should be inside the firewall circle & the control should be :oops: from Network system.

Pradeep.H.N
Network Engineer
More
18 years 1 week ago #16916 by Smurf
Sorry Gunda,

Whats the question ?

Wayne Murphy
Firewall.cx Team Member
www.firewall.cx

Now working for a Security Company called Sec-1 Ltd in the UK, for any
Penetration Testing work visit www.sec-1.com or PM me for details.
More
18 years 1 week ago #16918 by TheBishop
I think gunda's looking for recommendations for a hardware firewall for his network. If so then it depends on the size of your network, the sensitivity of your data and the amount you want to spend. If you're a Cisco user you might start by looking at the Cisco PIX range
More
18 years 6 days ago #16939 by donanak
Like TheBishop said, gunda is looking for a firewall. If you think harware firewall like Cisco pix could cost you more, i will recommend some ready made firewalls which could run on a x86 pc at no cost.

1. IPCOP (I use this and it's brilliant.)
2. Monowall ( heard it's works great and support more NICs)
3. pfsense (same as above but with more functionalities, I'm keeping an eye on this project for the final release.
it could be the *daddy* of all.)

All of these require just basic knowledge about firewalls to get your network up and running.

If your business budget is in good shape then i would recommend you getting a cisco pix. I can't wait to ever get my hands on one to play with.

Remember best security starts from within.

Enjoy!

A smart person knows what to say, but a wise person knows whether or not to say it.

'When perfection comes, the imperfect disappear.'
Time to create page: 0.145 seconds