Skip to main content

PIX 506e problem moving to a new ISP

More
18 years 2 months ago #15393 by windjammer
Hey, I'm new to the forum.

I have a pix506e that is working fine. But, I am switching ISP's, and I have to reconfigure the PIX. I think all I should have to do is change the IP address, the global entry, and the default route to get basic Internet browsing capability. But, when I change these parameters, I can't even ping the new ISP router from the PIX console, nor can I get to the Internet from behind the PIX. (I'm not sure ping should work, but I thought I should mention it.)

I have confirmed that the router is working. Without the PIX, everything works.

When you change the IP address of the PIX, is there a latency issue with the arp cache on the PIX or the external router(s)?
More
18 years 2 months ago #15394 by TheBishop
Replied by TheBishop on topic Problem
It could well be the ARP cache but there's an easy way to tell. Make your changes to the PIX, save them then power cycle both your PIX and router. If it works afterwards then it was the ARP cache but if it still doesn't work despite your reboot then something else is wrong
More
18 years 2 months ago #15420 by Chris
Logically, changing the IP Address of your public interface should allow the PIX to work.

In these cases, I usually request the PIX configuration to double-check everything is OK and then start the troubleshooting process to find out what's going on.

If possible, please post your configuration and change your public IP Addresses to remove any possibilityof exposure. We will be able to examine the configuration and let you know of our findings.

Cheers,

Chris Partsenidis.
Founder & Editor-in-Chief
www.Firewall.cx
Time to create page: 0.120 seconds