Skip to main content

IPCop Windows Shares?

More
18 years 7 months ago #13156 by MaxIm
IPCop Windows Shares? was created by MaxIm
I have just installed an IPCop 1.4.10 machine in my house and I was wondering if it is possable to set up the rules between the green and blue interfaces to allow users on wireless (blue) access to the windows shares on the wired (green) interface and vice versa. I have about 35 people living in the house with me and so far that is the biggest complaigent I have had and can't figure out how to fix it. I'm not really too concerned about the security risk of it because it isn't sensitive data. If it is possable to only open the specific ports for windows file sharing and not any others that would be the prefered way but if I have to I would be content with just opening it completely up. Any help anyone can offer would really be helpfull.

Thanks,
MaxIm
More
18 years 7 months ago #13161 by DaLight
Replied by DaLight on topic Re: IPCop Windows Shares?
Welcome to firewall.cx, MaxIm. You can open up access between the IPCOP BLUE and GREEN networks in two ways.

1. Use the DMZ Pinholes page to create "pinholes" that connect through to GREEN ( Check out this link )
The ports to open up for windows file sharing are 135(TCP), 137(UDP), 138(UDP), 139(TCP) and 445(TCP).
2. Setup a VPN on Blue ( Check out this link )

However, if you're not concerned about security between both networks, why don't you simply plug your wireless router/access point directly into the GREEN network.
Time to create page: 0.113 seconds