Skip to main content

protection systems

More
18 years 9 months ago #11726 by freenet
protection systems was created by freenet
hello guyz , i need to feel safe while im surfing the net , so what is the best way to protect my self ? and if u know any good antivirus or firewall plz tell me cuz i tryed some kinds but they rnt that good...thnx a lot... current OS : windows xp .
More
18 years 9 months ago #11727 by agaryog
Hello Freenet,

Well i have searched many softwares for the security over the net and find out that Spyware Doctor ver.3.2 to be the best as light and Zonealarm internet security to be the best.
You can download it via the net but you need to register those before getting full benefit of removing viruses when it found out.
If you are a good computer user you must be knowing to get those registration codes.
:wink:
More
18 years 9 months ago #11774 by freenet
Replied by freenet on topic Re: protection systems
ok thnx man , by the way i guess it doesnt feel hard to get these registrations no ? :roll:
More
18 years 9 months ago #11787 by TheBishop
Replied by TheBishop on topic Protection
Hi Freenet
My standard paranoia kitbag is:
1) Turn on the built-in XP firewall. Though be aware you might have to configure it a little if you're hosting anything from your PC (as opposed to being a client)
2) Install a good antivirus scanner
3) Install Spybot Search & Destroy
4) You can also install the Microsoft Antispyware scanner if you want, though I find it misses things that Spybot picks up
5) Apply XP patches as soon as they are published
6) Consider using an alternative browser (e.g Firefox) and an alternative email program to avoid MS vulnerabilities
The use of the machine is also important though. All the standard advice applies, don't visit dodgy websites, don't open unsolicited attachments, be very careful if you intend to download and install software etc etc.
More
18 years 9 months ago #11791 by DaLight
Replied by DaLight on topic Re: protection systems
That's a good list by the Bishop, although I always have Microsoft AntiSpyware installed because of its real-time monitoring capabilities. I think it also complements Spybot well. Firefox is a must, complemented by Thunderbird for email. And finally, .... as the Bishop has already hinted .... a good dose of common sense in your internet usage habits.
Time to create page: 0.150 seconds