Skip to main content

VLAN setting in 3com 3226 switch

More
19 years 2 weeks ago #9910 by Prom
Hi Friends

Iam facing a problem in configuring a 3 com super stack layer 3 switch 3226 . i want to make VLAN with tagged members .we have three groups in the networks .the three groups, Ordinary users, Privilege users and Admin, i want to make a setting to share the serversto all groups and cannot communicate with others in different group.
Is it possible with this switch. if it is possible pls give me some help .

waiting for ur valuable replay
prom

[/img]
More
19 years 2 weeks ago #9942 by Chris
Prom,

Have you got any user guide for the switch ?

We had a recent post regarding Vlans and a similar 3com (if not the same), perhaps the member that started the thread can provide an insight;

Cheers,

Chris Partsenidis.
Founder & Editor-in-Chief
www.Firewall.cx
More
19 years 2 weeks ago #9944 by DaLight
The thread Chris is referring to can be found here . The implementation and the Web/CLI guides for the 3Com 3226 can be found here and here respectively.

From my understanding of VLANs, you don't really need tagged members if all your VLANs are present on just one switch.

This switch will definitely do what want. You will need to create 4 VLANs. One for the servers and one each for each of your three user groups.
More
19 years 2 weeks ago #9949 by Prom
Thanks guys for ur replay

but still i didnt get the solution for my problem , i have tried by creating 4 vlans , but when i create vlans with untagged members , one member ina vlan cannot access another valan member . in my case i need to get access to server group from all other valns .

pls give some idea to solve it

bye bye
prom
More
19 years 2 weeks ago #9952 by DaLight
Sorry Prom, that's why I pointed you to this thread in my previous post.

You will need to set up routing between the VLANs.

For each VLAN an interface will have to be setup and assigned with an IP address and default routes will need to be set.

For example:

VLAN 1 (servers): VLAN interface 10.0.1.1

VLAN 2 (Admins): VLAN interface 10.0.2.1, Set default route to 10.0.1.1

VLAN 3 (Priviledged Users): VLAN interface 10.0.3.1, Set default route to 10.0.1.1

VLAN 4 (Ordinary Users): VLAN interface 10.0.4.1, Set default route to 10.0.1.1

The gateway for the PCs in a VLAN will be the IP address of the particular VLAN interface.

If I've missed anything, can someone else jump in as I'm relatively new to this myself.
Time to create page: 0.127 seconds