Skip to main content

inter networking

More
19 years 2 months ago #9146 by bharatsharma
we are using two diffrent ip range network through same switch. now i have to give lan A server(only server) access to lan B people. but i don't want to assign two ips to server. is there any possibility in win 2k that i can route one ip to ather range in simple networking
More
19 years 2 months ago #9148 by TheBishop
Replied by TheBishop on topic Networks
You have a few options:
If your switch supports VLANs and can route between them you could do this directly on the switch
Or you could connect a router to the switch to do the routing between the two IP networks
Or you could set up two IP addresses on your server
If you give us a bit more information I'm sure we can advise further
More
19 years 2 months ago #9154 by bharatsharma
Replied by bharatsharma on topic Re: Networks

You have a few options:
If your switch supports VLANs and can route between them you could do this directly on the switch
Or you could connect a router to the switch to do the routing between the two IP networks
Or you could set up two IP addresses on your server
If you give us a bit more information I'm sure we can advise further

thanks for suggestion
my switch supports vlan its a 3com switch. can u give me a detailed installation idea abt vlan
More
19 years 2 months ago #9156 by TheBishop
Replied by TheBishop on topic VLAN
The switch needs to be able to support VLANs and also to route between VLANs if you are to do all this within the switch itself. If the switch only supports VLANs but doesn't provide any inter-VLAN routing facilties then you'll need an external router.
What model of 3Com switch is it? I know you can do the whole thing within a 3Com Corebuilder 3500
Time to create page: 0.120 seconds