Skip to main content

Citrix over WAN and Cisco 2911 Router

More
14 years 7 months ago #33663 by Blue_Crescentmoon
Hi All,

We have a data center with our Citrix farm in a different location from the rest of our users. Therefore, we have the users connect to the Citrix farm via the WAN. The issue is that we receive buffer misses and failures from our router (2911) running IOS 12.3(23), rlease software fc5. These buffer misses/failures range from small, medium to big buffer misses. I have tracked these misses down to Citrix.

I read an article here titled "Cisco 6509 question". But, I need somewhat more information on my issue. Are there any documents on Citrix Presentation server fine tuning relating to this situation? Are there documents on which specific IOS version I would need to upgrade to in order to fix the buffer misses? Or, is there any suggestion on whether I should upgrade the devices to a new device (2800's series, for example) that would be able to handle the amount of traffic Citrix sessions generate?

I have read another article where it also states from cisco that the buffer pools can be adjusted, but that can be very hazardous if not performed correctly.

What I am looking for is some more insight on this issue as well as which direction to go for finding a good solution/best practice.

TIA
Time to create page: 0.107 seconds